This blog is mostly a work of passion; it doesn't pay my bills. Since 2015 I've been self-employed, so I'm available for hire. Here's what I can do for you:
- Custom software development. I love writing code, so I’d also like writing code for you. I can take small or big tasks. It does’t really matter. I can work in a team or by myself, remote or on-site, as necessary. My experience is with C# and related technologies / frameworks.
- Training and coaching. In the past years I have developed and given a few standard trainings, in which I address a wide range of subjects about coding. I can visit your company to deliver lectures and workshops. Beside these technical topics I could easily spin out workshops on others, like estimations or time management, depending on your needs. I am also a strong believer on learning on the job, so I could join your team only to coach you on a specific technique or a specific issue, working on your project. We can also pair while doing so.
- Software architecture. I have experience in designing small and large applications. I can design the entire project, not only the technical part. This may include a complete strategy from requirements to deployment with needed staff for each phase of the project.
- Reviews. If you need an external party to review your code or your design I’ll be happy to do so. I can do code reviews at different levels, from looking at the big picture, at the way the code is structured and the way dependencies go, towards lower details on how classes and functions are written or tested. When reviewing code or design I can focus on specific quality requirements like security, performance, maintainability, scalability or other that may be of interest for you or I could do a more general check.
- Development process. Along the years I have experienced different ways of organising software development teams. If you need help with this I can do so. We can see together whether Scrum fits your context or not and how to tweak it. I can also help with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, TFS, Git etc.
- Round table. Sometimes people simply want to have a meeting with someone to validate certain topics or ideas. I’m happy to visit you for a meeting with you and your team where we can discuss your questions, sketch together on a whiteboard, look at code, etc. in an ad hoc fashion.
This list isn’t exhaustive, so if you have other ideas for how you think I may be able to help you, please contact me.
If you are interested to hire me then please contact me and we'll talk all the details. Here are a few things to expect.
While I'm located in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, I can travel to you if necessary as long as I don't need to be away for too long. In this case, you'll need to cover my travel expenses as well. Collaboration over the internet is obviously a less expensive alternative.
I charge by the hour, but I can also give a fixed price offer depending on the type of work. Expect to pay more than you would normally pay for a developer, but also expect to receive a higher level of involvement, reliability and efficiency. I will say upfront if my skills and experience cannot help in your specific context, so expect to be charged only if the work I'll do is valuable to you. My price may vary with the nature and length of the assignment.